Medical Journal Mistakes
The following quotes were supposedly taken from actual medical records as
dictated by physicians...OK, some are obviously typos.
- Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.
- On the second day the knee was better and on the third day it had completely disappeared.
- She has had no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.
- The patient has been depressed every since she began seeing me in 1993.
- The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.
- Discharge status: Alive but without permission
- Healthy appearing decrepit 69 year-old male, mentally alert but forgetful.
- The patient refused an autopsy.
- The patient has no past history of suicides.
- Patient has left his white blood cells at another hospital.
- The patient's past medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.
- The patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
- She is numb from her toes down.
- While in the ER, she was examined, X-rated and sent home.
- The skin was moist and dry.
- Occasional, constant, infrequent headaches.
- Patient was alert and unresponsive.
- Rectal exam revealed a normal size thyroid.
- She sated that she had been constipated for most of her life until 1995 when she got a divorce.
- I saw you patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy.
- Exam of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.
- The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.
- The patient was to have a bowel resection. However he took a job as a stockbroker instead.
- Skin: Somewhat pale but present.
- The pelvic examination will be done later on the floor.
- Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Blank, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.
- Large brown stool ambulating in the hall.
- Patient has two teenage children but no other abnormalities.
Back to the personal humor page